Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Living the Sweet Life... Meet Mandi

When first meeting Mandi, anyone can see that her kids come first. This soft-spoken mom loves her children... and she has another love. Baking. Her "sweet life" is one that I envy, since my baking skills have a lot left to be desired.
It was her children that inspired her to take her talents to a new level. "I didn't really get into decorating cakes or making gourmet cupcakes until after I had kids so in a sense, they inspired me to push myself further. I didn't want to have cake at their parties that had been frozen for 3 months and then thawed out when a customer ordered it," Mandi shared.
Mandi's mother also influenced her to bake. "I can remember as far back as to the fourth grade, baking in the kitchen. Everything was always made from scratch. My mom didn't buy any kind of box mix: no Pillsbury, no Hamburger Helper..."
Mandi's work isn't just reserved for family and friends. You can order her treats easily. Email her at amandakuelker@charter.net OR check her out online https://www.facebook.com/SweetDesignsbyMandi http://sweetdesignsbymandi.com http://sweetdesignsbymandi.blogspot.com/
Mandi also plans to offer her goods locally. "We just got our permit for the Union Farmer's Market so we'll be making appearances there on the weekends that we're able to. We'll make updates on our facebook page when we'll be setting up down there."
Please "Experience Union" and check out her blog, website, and/or facebook page... or better yet catch her at the Union Farmer's Market when she's there.
Mandi is a 2001 graduate of Union High School. Photos and copy by Michelle Anne of MK Designs

2 comments: