Monday, August 27, 2012

Robertsville State Park

Just 13 miles from Union is a hidden gem: Robertsville State Park. Beyond having access to the Meramec River, there's an excellent (and fairly small) campground that has 12 basic and 15 electric sites. I love to camp and this was the first place I took my daughter camping because it was close to home and had excellent facilities.
There is also a very kid-friendly hiking trail that I have taken my kiddo on many times, even just on little day trips. The .8 mile Spice Bush Trail is fairly level and takes about 35 to 40 min depending upon your pace. The only "tip" I have is if there has been heavy rains, you may want to avoid it as it tends to flood. It is in a low area. Beyond hiking and camping, there are two excellent picnic shelters and a playground located near them. Robertsville State Park is for sure worth checking out!

For more information go to http://mostateparks.com/park/robertsville-state-park

All words and images by Michelle of MK Designs: http://mkdesignsphoto.weebly.com/ for Experience Union.



2 comments:

  1. Thanks! I'll have to keep that in mind next time I'm looking for something to do with my girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great place - I am a huge fan of our state parks & it's great to have one so close to union! :)

    ReplyDelete