Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Gotta "hitch" in your "giddy up" ;-)

Being one of three ladies who are the "think tank" for Experience Union is fun. Why? We all three seem on the same page. We want people to get out and Experience this great town. We decided, with a little inspiration from Slava Bowman with Re-Discover Washington, that contests to get folks out and about in Union would be fun.

So... contest one is born...

The following events are as accurate as I can make them...

Tyann writes: "A good pic would be of the old hitching post from the 1800s still standing in town. "

and I jumped on it!

Only to find... I do NOT know what a hitching post looks like.

After driving around the area with my first-grader who is full of questions... I wrote to Tyann: "Is it a rock? Stone?"

No response.

She must have a life outside of Facebook. Shocking in this day and age!

So after much debate and consideration between myself and my child, we decide if we were to "park a horse" it would be here... at this stone... and we clicked this photograph...



If my first grader can do it, you can do it! Get up. Get out. Walk about. Experience Union. There is so much to learn and see... just right here in our own town. No airline tickets or posh hotels required! :)

Congrats to our first winner: Tammy Stowe. You won $20 to Marcink Designs!
Next week, I am going to sponsor the contest thru MK Designs.

*note, we did NOT choose to name our photo biz's the same with "Designs" at the end! We didn't even KNOW each other before that choice. Hence, the joy of us all thinking alike (see paragraph one!).


Article and Photographs: Michelle Anne of MK Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment