Wednesday, June 20, 2012

2012 Franklin County Fair and {Fabulous Fair Freebies}

Sticky cotton candy fingers, juicy turkey legs, tasty warm waffle ice cream sandwiches, powder sugary funnel cake faces, tantalizing roast beef sandwiches...can't you smell the delicious fair food now?

The Franklin County Fair is a long time tradition for Union. The four days of fair fun each July beckons to families from all over Franklin County every year. Fair days are filled with sights, sounds, and scents that create wonder and amazement, making everyone feel like a little kid again.

This year, the dates are Thursday, July 5th, through Sunday, July 8th. For all the exciting happenings at the fair this year, a schedule of events, and where to pick up your season passes, see the Franklin County Fair website.

So what is your favorite summer fair memory? Is there something special at the fair you want your children to experience? Tell us and you could win family passes to a day at the Franklin County Fair!

Maybe it is...


The storming of the midway rides.

...or is it...

The thrill of the dragon roller coaster.

...or even...

The wonder of a first ride on the carousel.

 Maybe it's the activities...

The feats of strength in the kids' pedal tractor pull.

...that only a fair has...

The muddiness of the pig scramble.
Oh, and I know there are more (can't make this post too terribly long!)...horseshoe tournament, 4-H exhibits, FFA petting zoo, teen dance, Fair Queen Contest, Antique Tractor Pull, money and candy scramble, Little Mr. and Miss Contest, dairy show, beef show, rabbit show, bubblegum contest, LollyPop the Clown, Super Farmer Contest, Demolition Derby...the list goes on and on and on...

See the entire schedule of fair events at the Franklin County Fair website.

So what do we have for {Fabulous Fair Freebies}? Oh, sweet mothers, do we have some freebies for you!

(4) passes to Thursday
(4) passes to Friday
(4) passes to Saturday
(4) passes to Sunday
(2) VIP passes to the Main Stage concert of Hotel California, a salute to the Eagles
(4) dinners of your choice from the Kiwanis stand
(4) roast beef dinners from the New Hope Assembly of God stand
your choice of treat from the Lions Club stand (more details coming soon)
(10) snowcones and (10) giant drumsticks from the Democratic Club stand

How to win {Fabulous Fair Freebies}
Simply comment on this blog post with your favorite fair memory or a memory you look forward to making this year.
That's it!

Now, how about additional entries? Sure!
(1) Share this blog post on Facebook



Now enter another comment below that you have shared this opportunity with your friends.

(2) "Like" Experience Union on Facebook.

Just click this button --->

Now enter another comment below that you "liked" us.

(3) "Subscribe" to Franklin Co Fair on Facebook.

Just click this button --->


Then leave another comment.

(4) Leave a comment saying which day of the fair you want to win passes for.

(5) Post a picture of you or your family enjoying the fair on the Experience Union Facebook wall.
Then leave another comment.

(6) Leave a comment as to your favorite food at the Kiwanis stand.
Here is what they will have this year:
pork steaks, bratwursts, turkey legs, rib eye, pork burger, hamburger, baked beans, chips, and giant pickles

(7) Leave a comment as to your favorite food at the New Hope Assembly of God stand.
Here is their menu this year:
all day: pizza, pretzels, nachos, roast beef, hot dogs, chili ala carte or as a topping
breakfast: biscuits and gravy on Thursday, breakfast burritos on Friday, sausage and cheese biscuits on Saturday
drinks: milk and juice
oh, and fresh fruit!

(8) "Like" New Hope Assembly of God on Facebook.

Just click this button --->


Now enter another comment below that you "liked" them.

(9) Leave a comment as to your favorite treat at the Lions Club stand.
Here is what they will have this year:
Dippin' Dots, waffle ice cream sandwiches, funnel cakes, shakes

(10) Leave a comment as to your favorite treat at the Democratic Club stand.
Here is what they will have this year:
granddaddy drumsticks, snowcones, soda, water, candy, chips

(11) "Like" the Democratic Club's candidate Mary Jo Straatmann on Facebook.

Just click this button --->


Now enter another comment below that you "liked" their page.

Bonus entry: If you have completed all 10 additional entries, leave just one more comment that you have done it all!

Super Bonus entries: Share this post every day until July 2nd and then come back and comment that you did so. Each share that you comment about is another entry...woo hoo! That makes 25 possible entries...oh, yeah!

Winners will be drawn on Monday, July 2nd! We look forward to seeing and hearing more about the fair through your experiences!!!

Author: Tyann Marcink
Photos: Marcink Designs

86 comments:

  1. I can't wait to bring my 2 yr old son for the first time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad always took us took the fair and we always had fun it gets better every year and now I get to experience it all over with my own kids. Such a great way to spend family time so close to home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just recently moved to Union, and I can't wait to go to the fair! I'd love to experience it all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to win passes for a day on the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to try the brats at the Kiwanis stand!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to try the biscuits and gravy at the New Hope Assembly of God's stand!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked the New Hope Assembly of God's FBpage!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love to try EVERYTHING at the Lion's club stand! I've never been to a fair and had actual fair food!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Snowcones at the Democratic Club stand!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I liked the Democratic Club's FB page!

    ReplyDelete
  12. And liked experience union on facebook

    ReplyDelete
  13. My favorite fair memory would be watching my son ride the dragon roller coaster until they shut it down and started taking it apart to pack up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I shared this opportunity with my FB friends!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have already liked Experience Union on FB

    ReplyDelete
  16. I subscribed to Franklin CoFair on FB

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would like to win passes for any day at the fair, Friday, Saturday or Sunday would be best, though.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loved watching my son win the Pig Scamble

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love watching my kids have fun on the rides! Last year was our first year and I'm looking forward to seeing their reactions this year!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like experience union on fb.

    ReplyDelete
  21. subscribed to franklin co fair on fb

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'd love Thursday passes, but would take any of them. =)

    ReplyDelete
  23. we'd go for pizza at the new hope assembly of god stand.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Enjoyed many Demo Derby's at the Fair.

    ReplyDelete
  25. My favorite event is the Pig Scramble. While my daughter was in the Union FFA she volunteered as a pig handler, what fun it was to watch her and her friends "face-off" after the scramble, wrestling each other into the mud!

    ReplyDelete
  26. 1-3 SHARED all, LIKED all.
    4 I would like to win Thursday Passes.
    5 pic coming soon.
    6 The Kiwanis Rib-eye is to die for!
    7 Sahms Roast beef is my fav at the New Hope booth.
    8 Liked New Hope a long time ago. LOL
    9. Waffle ice Cream, for me, at the Lions Club Booth.
    10 I can never get enuf water from the Democratic Club stand.
    11. Mary Jo Sraatmann you are LIKED!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I like to watch my kids play in the Corn!
    Would like passes for any day!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Pork steaks at the Kiwanis Stand!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Replies
    1. Your name was drawn for a prize. prizes must be claimed by 9am on July 5th

      Delete
  30. I cannot wait to share my son Garrett's first fair experience with him this year!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I hve shared this opportunity on FB with my friends

    ReplyDelete
  32. I would love to win passes for any day but Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  33. Loving te giant pickles at the Kiwanis Stand

    ReplyDelete
  34. Loving the New Hope Assembly of God's NACHOS!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Liked New Hope Assembly of God on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  36. Loving the Dippin Dots for Lions Club

    ReplyDelete
  37. Drumsticks all the way from the Democratic Club

    ReplyDelete
  38. Already a fan of Experience Unio on FB (Jess Henderson)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Like Mary Jo candidate page from the Democratic Club ON FB

    ReplyDelete
  40. I completed all 10! Thanks so much! (Jess Henderson)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Excited to bring my daughters for the first time.

    cassie rice

    ReplyDelete
  42. Shared the blog.

    cassie rice

    ReplyDelete
  43. Liked Experience Union.

    cassie rice

    ReplyDelete
  44. Subscrd to Franklin co. fair.

    cassie rice

    ReplyDelete
  45. I would like passes for any day!

    cassie rice

    ReplyDelete
  46. Favorite food at Kiwanis stand is bratwurst.

    cassie rice

    ReplyDelete
  47. New hope fav food is pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Lions Club fav food is dippin dots!

    cassie rice

    ReplyDelete
  49. Democratic club favorite is snow cones.

    cassie rice

    ReplyDelete
  50. Can't wait for the demolition derby!!!! My granddaughter LOVES them!

    Barb Laberer

    ReplyDelete
  51. My favorite Franklin County Fair memories involve 4-H activities in the 70's...horse shows, archery contests, the angst of waiting to find out what color ribbon your cookies, dress or photography got in the judging. Food? Waffle icecream sandwiches, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  52. I can't wait to share the Fair with my daughter, Lily, and start making new memories!

    ReplyDelete
  53. I subscribed to Franklin Cty Fair on FB!

    ReplyDelete
  54. I'd love to win passess for Friday night, so that my whole family can enjoy the fair together!

    ReplyDelete
  55. I love the warm waffle icecream sandwiches at the Lions Club stand!

    ReplyDelete
  56. i really enjoyed the fair when my kids and niece's were young. best time any family could have.


    lulu bradberry

    ReplyDelete
  57. (2) VIP passes to the Main Stage concert of Hotel California, a salute to the Eagles


    this is what i would like to win :-)


    lulu bradberry

    ReplyDelete
  58. I can't wait to take my son for the first time and make new memories!

    ReplyDelete
  59. I subscriped to Franklin County fair on FB

    ReplyDelete
  60. I am not picky any day would be great to win tickets to the fair!

    ReplyDelete
  61. Nachos from new hope to finish off my lunch would be the way to go

    ReplyDelete
  62. Can't forget to get a waffle ice cream sandwiches from the lions

    ReplyDelete
  63. A snow cone for my lil man would be a cool treat

    ReplyDelete
  64. Shared this post for my super bonus entry!

    ReplyDelete
  65. I shared this post again today for a super bonus entry

    ReplyDelete
  66. My favorite memory was watching my family in the demolition derby as I was growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  67. I have shared this, liked the experience union page, and subscribed to the fair page!

    ReplyDelete
  68. I shared again for a super bonus entry

    ReplyDelete
  69. Shared blog!

    rkybcn29@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  70. Favorite memory is watching the derby with my family.
    subscribed to franklin co fair
    liked experince union
    fave kiwanis food is turkey leg
    liked new hope
    fave new hope food is pizza
    fave lions food is dippin dots
    fave dem club food is snocones
    liked mary jo straatman
    would like passes to sat.
    I have done it all!!!

    rkybcn29@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  71. as a kid going to the fair was like going on vacation cause we never had the money to do much of anything, but my family loved the derby....now as an adult and have 4 kiddos of my own we love to go just 1 or 2 days of the fair to see the Bull Riding and the boys love the pig scramble..i of course love to get one of "Magic Mikes" ice cream sandwiches and the Lions and a choc shake for the kiddos...mmmmm..i can already taste it...it def what a person needs in this weather...we would really enjoy some passes and put them to good use :)
    April Thompson
    als76@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  72. Favorite memory is seeing Bandana perform about 30 years ago.fave food is turkey legs. nachos from New Hope.fave lions club food is dippin dots. I am looking forward to taking my grandkids and watching them get excited over the rides and activities. I have done it all!
    Diana Richardson dlrich31@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete